Sunday 30 December 2007

What I am working on




I am currently working on the paintings for an A5 plate for the genera of British solitary bees. This is harder than I thought it would be! They are tricky insects to paint for a start. The research is not straightforward and trying to show them in a life-like pose is quite a challenge.

They take a long while, so I am not sure when the finished product will be available. So keep checking the website http://www.bombus.freeserve.co.uk/catalogue.htm for details of availability.

I have been painting the bees for some time already. I was even filmed by the BBC at work! This is for a new series to be shown on BBC4 in Spring 2008. The series features amateur naturalists and our family are on a programme about insects. I will put more on the Blog nearer the time.

No comments: